I’m so thrilled about this special episode of The Dr. Steven Show. Today I get to bring you one of my favorite people in the world, Arianna Huffington.
Arianna is the co-founder and editor in chief of the award winning online news aggregator and blog The Huffington Post. Arianna is also a brilliant author, who has just released her new book The Sleep Revolution.
Today we go deep into The Sleep Revolution, which is my new bible, so you too can join the movement.
So let’s dive into it, with the one and only Arianna Huffington.
You can Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes
“All the new science proves conclusively, that sleep is not negotiable. If we’re going to show up fully present in our lives we need to get enough sleep.” - Arianna Huffington
- How are we all connected by sleep?
- What science proves…. Sleep is NOT negotiable
- It’s time to put “I’ll sleep when I’m dead” to rest!
- Yes.... Doctors are the victims of sleep deprivation
- How Arianna became a sleep evangalist.. Hint: She learnt the hard way
- The importance of what Arianna’s mother instilled in her about sleep
- Moving to NYC and buying into the ’sacrifice of sleep’
- How the medical profession is changing and finally had “a wake up call”
- The history of two segmented sleeps
- Why we SHOULDN’T pick up our smartphones when we wake up from broken sleep
- Helpful new sleep apps: Night Shift and F.lux
- The importance of micro steps
- The key to a deep transition into sleep
“The vast majority of us need between 7 and 9 hours.” - Arianna Huffington
- Did you know that 75% of all preventable health related diseases are due to stress and sleep deprivation?
- The power of the nap
- How to create optimum conditions for sleep… Hint: Don’t have coffee after 2pm!
- Why the medical industry needs to teach ‘natural’ alternatives for better sleep
- Do you suffer from extreme insomnia? Have you tried cognitive behavioral therapy?
- Arianna’s personal sleep practice
- Who is Andrea Iguodala.... and how was optimum sleep a game changer?
- What is The Sleep Revolution Movement?
- The dangerous effects of stimulants
- CPR - Compassion, Presence and Resilience
- What is a CPAP?
- Guess what... Getting more sleep is better for your health and SEX LIFE!
- DADD - Doctors against Drowsy Driving
- The Sleep Revolution Manifesto
“If we wake up in the middle of the night, the absolutely worst thing we can do is go to our smartphone.” - Arianna Huffington
- Get your copy of The Sleep Revolution by Arianna Huffington
- Get your Free Guided Meditation Download
- Learn more about Dr. Ronan M.G Berg
- Find out more about Night Shift and F.lux
- Learn about Cognetive Behavioural Therapy and Transcendental Meditation (TM)
- Sign up to Arianna's online course THRIVE
- Read the Huffpost article on Andrea Iguodala and Better Stats
- Get your personal CPAP Nasal Pillow System
- Connect with Arianna:
“A good day starts the night before, and a good night starts in the morning.” - Arianna Huffington