On today’s episode of The Dr. Steven Show, we are talking with Chris Wark, a true Inspiration. Chris is a fighter, thriver, survivor, and mentor for those who are on their journey with cancer. He is also an author of many books, including the recently published title Beat Cancer Daily and soon to be released Beat Cancer Kitchen, which are incredibly important resources for the prevention and treatment of cancer.
Chris shares his experience being diagnosed with Colon Cancer at 26, and how he healed through a combination of diet, exercise, stress reduction, and fostering joy. We’ll hear some amazing stories about key moments in his life that shifted his mindset away from fear and towards a path that felt true to his own healing process.
Listen in to learn about the unique journey Chris had to beating cancer with naturopathy instead of with chemotherapy.
"It’s not just about the diet. It’s about exercise. It’s about your mindset. Choosing to be positive versus negative. Choosing to forgive people who have hurt you." - Chris Wark
YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN TO THE PODCAST ON APPLE PODCASTS. AND BE SURE TO LEAVE ME A RATING AND REVIEW!
"I really started to think about my life and my health and my future, and what I wanted to do, how I wanted to live my life going forward, and the idea of chemotherapy didn’t make sense to me." - Chris Wark
- How being an independently minded young person shaped Chris’s path with cancer treatment
- The importance of having mentors in your life
- Chris’s experience being diagnosed with colon cancer
- Some of the frustrations Chris experienced with traditional oncology approaches
- Why Chris decided against chemo
- How reading existing literature about cancer treatment shaped Chris’s ideas and approach to fighting cancer
- Understanding integrative oncology
- How stress and negativity contribute to suppressed immune function
- Why laughter, singing and fostering joy are so important to reducing stress
"The number one lever that you can pull to reduce your stress is to become an aggressive forgiver." - Chris Wark
- Get a copy of Chris's Books:
- Beat Cancer Kitchen: Deliciously Simple Plant-Based Anticancer Recipes
- Beat Cancer Daily: 365 Days of Inspiration, Encouragement, and Action Steps to Survive and Thrive
- Chris Beat Cancer: A Comprehensive Plan for Healing Naturally
- Get your copy of:
- The Key to Good Health, Vitamin C by Fred R. M.D. Klenner
- The Miracles of Rebound Exercise by Albert E. Carter
- Connect with Chris: