On today’s episode, we are talking with Dr. Amy Shah, double board certified Fasting MD, Internal Medicine Doctor, Allergist and Immunologist. Amy is also a wellness expert and author of her recently published book “I'm So Effing Tired: A Proven Plan to Beat Burnout, Boost Your Energy, and Reclaim Your Life” and also writes for Mind Body Green.
Amy shares her personal journey from an overwhelmed and perpetually stressed out state to living the life she wants to be living. She shares, from an honest and vulnerable place, the changes she has made to improve her life through a combination of methods including fasting, diet, exercise and stress relief.
Listen in to learn why Amy believes stress is so detrimental to our health and wellbeing, and practical changes you can make to significantly improve your quality of life.
“Stress, and mental stress, has just the same effect as eating junk food or smoking.” — Dr. Amy Shah
YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN TO THE PODCAST ON APPLE PODCASTS. AND BE SURE TO LEAVE ME A RATING AND REVIEW!
“If you knew how important it was, how much it impacts the rest of your body, you would never, ever go a day without doing something to relieve your stress.” — Dr. Amy Shah
- How stress impacts your health
- How Amy's car accident ultimately inspired her wellness journey
- The benefits of audiobooks and podcasts, and how you can use these as a tool to create lifestyle changes
- Understanding circadian rhythms and why they have such an impact on our happiness and wellbeing
- What is Intermittent fasting and circadian fasting
- How you can integrate fasting, exercise and diet into your daily routine
- The importance of asking for help
- How to incorporate Ayurveda into your daily life
“When I examined my life, I realized there were a lot of things wrong with this life. I was not the person that I wanted to be. I wasn’t living the way I wanted to live.” — Dr. Amy Shah
- Get your copy of:
- I'm So Effing Tired: A Proven Plan to Beat Burnout, Boost Your Energy, and Reclaim Your Life by Dr. Amy Shah
- I’m So Effing Tired (Free Chapter Preview)
- Love is the Strongest Medicine by Dr. Steven Eisenberg
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferris
- Finding Ultra by Rich Roll
- Listen to:
- Connect with Dr. Amy Shah: