February 18, 2020 2 min read
"Way to go, Einstein!"
I got the answer wrong. We lost the college Family Feud.
I'm no Einstein.
All we share is an "Ei."
And maybe our hair.
But I've learned a lot from the man.
1. "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
a. Be childlike in your idea generation. Let go of your inner critic that says, "That's so stupid." It's not. Like me writing every day. Maybe it is.
2. "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
a. Wonder is the fuel for growth. Nourish wonder in your life. I wonder if you're enjoying this so far.
3. "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
a. Not failure porn, but self-compassion and forgiving yourself if you make a mistake. I was on America's Got Talent. Four X's. Enough said.
4. "Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
a. Provide a tiny bit of value to others each day. Even helping someone feel one percent better than yesterday is awesome. Cut to: Me writing again tomorrow.
5. "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
a. This blue planet we're on right now is quite a place, huh? Wherever you are in the world right now -- we're both touching the same Earth. Everyone who ever lived did.
6. "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
a. Humor heals. I try to make my patients laugh every day -- and every day I make fun of myself trying.
7. "The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
a. What would you advise your best friend to do? Do that. Or don't. I don't know.
8. "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
a. Say only what needs to be said. Thank you for reading this far.
9. "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."
a. Lately, I've been into the art and science of doing nothing.
10. "I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."
a. Stay humble; stay hungry for knowledge. I'm hungry for yours.
Microstep: Today, channel your inner Albert.
Sign up to get the latest new releases and more …