Love music? It loves you back. Really.
We all know music helps us feel better.
But there's real evidence that it helps in these specific situations.
Crank up your favorite tunes and give your healing a little boost.
1. Music reduces anxiety and discomfort during medical procedures. Need a bone marrow biopsy? Tell the hematologist to turn on your playlist.
2. If your loved one had a stroke, music can help them to restore lost speech.
3. Chemo? Yes, it causes a lot of anxiety and anticipatory nausea. Music can help reduce these side effects.
4. Helping with physical rehabilitation by working out on the beat.
5. Aiding with pain relief.
6. Your brain and music go way back. It improves quality of life for people with dementia.
Microstep: Put a little music in your heart. It will put a lot of love in your life.